Friday, September 5, 2008

Woot!

Woot! Yesterday a co-worker pulled me aside and said that another co-worker had commented to her that she could tell I have lost weight. She said I was looking great and my hair looked good too. Well, the top two areas of my self-image that I struggle with the most are my weight and my hair. Her comments just made me feel awesome and I floated all the way back to my office! It gave me the fortitude to step on the scale this AM. I started at The Daily Plate on March 5 2008 and at that time, I was at 205lbs. By March 22 I was at 200lbs. I have not charted my weight at TDP since that time. I stopped because I felt like I was becoming obsessed with the scale and I was getting disheartened when the number wasn't going down as quick as I wanted it to.

This morning I weighed in at 190! I've lost 15lbs in six months.

I am proud of my accomplishment but I also know there's a long road still ahead of me. And in the weight loss game, it gets harder the closer you get to your goal because your body fights to hold on to its reserves. I'm happy that I'm getting healthier and stronger.

2 comments:

Cindy B said...

Way to go! I'm struggling with that issue myself, but I know I need to work a lot harder if I'm going to lose the weight.

Anonymous said...

You've done yourself proud! - HymnSinger

PS I thought you were going to put a link to TDP on the blog.