Thursday, September 18, 2008

Odds & Ends

I'm thrilled that Pumpkin Delights are back in stores! They are so insanely delicious and their smiles just make me feel good during the afternoon doldrums. Little Debbie only sells them for 2 months out of the year. D and I purchase multiple boxes to stock our pantry but we never get enough to last. We're always more desperate the closer it gets to Halloween, when they remove them from the shelves. I'm always sad when that happens.

Not much new going on with us. It's end-of-quarter at work so both D and I have been catching some overtime. We need it. I took the FL trip unpaid and earlier this week I was informed that due to a computer error, my check would be docked 10 hours. D will be driving the company truck down to GA again tomorrow at the personal request of our Plant Manager. Like he was going to say no.

This week I noticed on our statement that we owe under $70K on the house. I'm so very glad that we did the SMART mortgage. I feel so fortunate to have our home.

D and I don't watch very much TV but most of the programs we do follow are having their season premieres this week. Sarah Conner Chronicles was on Monday. Smallville and Supernatural are tonight. Heroes doesn't resume until next week. I'm having to wrack my brain to remember where we left off in the story lines during the writer's strike.

I finally, finally got The Forger from the library. I've had it reserved for 8 months and had to email the library twice about it. It's another one of the WWII books I'm reading in preparation for NaNoWriMo. I'm currently reading: Chasing Darkness by Robert Crais.

No comments: