Sunday, September 28, 2008

Having a Great Sunday!

When I woke up this morning the very first thought in my head was that I didn't want to go to church. I reminded myself that I hadn't slept well at all, that I was sunburned, that I was hoarse and perhaps I should just rest and take it easy. But in the end, I sucked it up and went anyway. I am so very glad that I did. Today was one of those church services where every word of the sermon strikes a chord in your heart. Every song resonates deeply within your soul so much so that tears well up and you can no longer sing along. Those Sundays have been rare for me lately. I know that not every Sunday can be a mountain-top experience, but I must admit that I've been feeling kind of numb for awhile. Today I felt that spark again. RH is planning a revival for next week and I'm very excited about it. I've already invited LRL and BBL to attend. I think they would benefit from it too.

Spirit of the God, descend upon my heart,
Wean it from earth, thro' all its pulses move,
Stoop to my weakness, mighty as Thou art,
And make me love Thee as I ought to love.

Teach me to feel that Thou art always nigh,
Teach me the struggles of the soul to bear.
To check the rising doubt, the rebel sigh;
Teach me the patience of unanswered prayer.

Lately D has prepared breakfast for me nearly every morning. Usually a bowl of cold cereal but sometimes a biscuit or an egg. I'm not sure how we got into that habit but this past week I was convicted about it. He does more than his fair share in that aspect of our relationship. Friday afternoon I told D that I would fix him breakfast on Sunday - whatever he wanted. I could have predicted what he would pick, knowing him as I do (being a good southern boy and all) and then go ahead and offer it, but sometimes he surprises me. Sure enough, he decided he wanted a country breakfast: scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits with gravy and orange juice. So I put on some nice jazz music, got into cooking mode and started making brunch. It's a good thing I'm only eating two meals today! I didn't even have eggs or sausage and it was nearly 800 calories!


Tonight I'm squeezing in a little more research for NaNoWriMo. I'm planning to finish up The Forger and start in on A Thread of Grace. Next up: A Hatred for Tulips.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

now thats a good looking breakfast!
- HymnSinger