Saturday, July 26, 2008

Lazy Bones

I had planned on working on my suntan today but the sun did not cooperate. Instead we had a lovely soft rain. We need so much more.

What a lazy girl I was today. I was still in bed when Mom called. Good news - Michaela's bloodwork shows she does not have cancer. So we are thanking God for that. Michaela is my favorite of Mom's babies, a wonderful 'grande dame' of a cat.

Had breakfast then read a book, did a few dishes and then took a nap! I never take naps! Sometimes reading just wears me out. So now it's nearly 10PM and I'm wide awake! Managed to finish Eat, Pray, Love. Now I'm totally switching genres and going for some Noir. Starting in on The Blonde by Duane Swierczynski.

Fenimore has hurt his back left paw. He's limping pathetically around the house on three legs. We heard him chewing on his nails last night, and D thinks he must be sore from that. We gave him some dex to make him more comfortable. If he's still limping on Monday, we'll take him into the vet's.

Exercise: checked out a DVD from our library called Reach by Kari Anderson. I really, really enjoyed the 'standing stability' portion of her workout. It wasn't very taxing in an aerobic way, although it did raise my heartbeat, but I could really feel the strength in different muscle groups as she led through the positions. It was awesome! I'm going to continue doing stability routines in rotation with my other workouts. I couldn't do Kari's 'floorwork' routine though, it made my head hurt. Much like Booty Ballet's Core workout does. I also did about 5-10 minutes of Booty Ballet's Goddess Abs. I'm such a wimp when it comes to crunches. I got a little woozy, but nothing like earlier this week.

No comments: