Saturday, June 21, 2008

Saturday in the Kitchen

Last night we harvested our first zucchini from the garden - they were beautiful. I decided to make zucchini bread. Yum. The recipe is here:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Moms-Zucchini-Bread/Detail.aspx
(I did a variation - used 1/2 oil & 1/2 apple sauce. Also cut the sugar to 2 cups/ 1 white & 1 brown). Another variation I saw put chocolate chips in it. Might try that next time.




The Sweet Million tomatoes are ripe. Now we have a million of them on our kitchen windowsill. Must have salad soon. Two of our Better Boy tomatoes are pink. We should be able to have tomato sandwiches Tuesday. My Echinacea 'Magnus' is starting to bloom and we've even spotted a couple of bees on it. When we lived over by Cherrydale it would often be covered in bees. I fear those days are gone.



D worked overtime today. I wanted to make sure he had a nice meal tonight after standing on his feet all morning. I fixed crab cakes with an orange sauce. Took forever to chop everything up! I would make the cakes again, but the sauce was a disappointment.
We were going to lay in the hammock for awhile after dinner but somehow we ended up washing the car instead. I don't mind too much because it was really dirty. And we finally got around to installing the C-N decal in the back window (which we've had since October)!

No comments: