Thursday, June 12, 2008

Garden update / "Old Married" Date Night



Last night we had a thunderstorm. Thank goodness, it broke the heat wave and also brought us some much needed rain. I'm dreading our next bill, we've been watering the garden at least every other day. It was still nice and wet when we did our morning walk-about. The peppers are looking better. We put a shade over them for two days to prevent them from getting scorched but we left the cover off today. The Tumbling Tom tomato ripened first (no surprise there) and we tasted it for the first time at lunch. Has a nice acid to it.

Date night began with D getting a haircut and then we went next door and had dinner at Subway. Since Taco Bell and McDonalds had withdrawn tomatoes we weren't sure what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised to see that Subway did have tomatoes. The staff was apparently training new 'sandwich artists'. I asked for 'extra tomato' on mine, like I always do. Why Subway thinks that two tomato slices is enough for a six-inch sandwich is beyond me. I'm usually able to beg a third tomato without them getting too annoyed at me. Anyway, the kid put eight - yes, eight - tomato slices on my six-inch sandwich. No complaints from me!

We decided to go ahead and paint the first coat of primer on the bathroom walls. Since we're going to (eventually) cover over the tiles with vinyl wainscoting, we didn't bother taping. The white primer looks so bright. I can't wait to get the color on the wall - maybe Saturday.

Afterwards D did yoga with me, although as much as we were laughing and correcting each other, neither of us got a decent workout!

No comments: