Sunday, May 25, 2008

Relaxing Sunday



Freedom Weekend Aloft is in full swing. D captured a few balloons on the way to church.

Bi-Lo reduced their chickens last night so we brought one home to roast for lunch. Chicken has been so expensive lately. As I was cleaning out the gizzards I remembered why I don't often cook a full bird. Yuck! The skin was nice and crisp and the meat was tender but it didn't have as much flavor as I was hoping for. I'm going to try and merge this Lemon Garlic recipe's cooking technique with another recipe that has more herbs.

We spent the afternoon out on the patio. D was nice enough to suggest Gin Rummy even though I tend to win more rounds at that than he does. Then we switched to Scrabble and each won a game. Alex and Fenimore enjoyed being outside. I hope that we can continue their excursions during the summer. It gets so incredibly hot, I worry about them being outside as they are not accustomed to it.



My Don Juan rose is blooming nicely but sadly, I think the violets are finished. They were such a joy to me all through fall, winter and spring.



Dinner was brownies and ice cream. I started reading Suite Francaise this evening and seem to be making good time with it. Trying to finish up this current batch of library books because the next batch is scheduled for this week. I've been reading so much about the German occupation of Paris that I'm starting to dream about it.

Exercise: walked 2 miles.

No comments: