Thursday, May 29, 2008

Feeling Better / Garden's Looking Great!

Missed a few days. I haven't felt very well this week.
Tuesday my left shoulder blade was troubling me as it does from time to time.
I watched The Sorrow and the Pity that evening and it put me out like a light (better than a sleeping pill). I think it was because of all the French. I have always had a fondness for men speaking French. It just relaxes me. Maybe that's why I took so many of Mssr. Whitney's classes in college - and only made average grades in them. Anyway, I fell asleep at an awkward angle on the sofa for several hours. I did move to the bed at some point during the night but Wednesday morning I woke up with a stiff neck. It's been bothering me ever since. I've been using a cool pack and Advil and taking it easy. I'm only just tonight starting to feel 'normal' again.

We ate Amy's Spinach and Feta pizza for dinner out on the patio and played a few rounds of Gin Rummy. D beat me every hand - proof that I'm not feeling well.

I finished The Unfree French and will start Resistance and Betrayal tomorrow.

Earworm tracking: Sunburn by Muse. It's not even one of my favorite songs but the piano riff stays in my head. It's so cathartic.

The garden is looking great! Everything but the melons has put on fruit.
Tomatoes - Jet Star, Mountain Fresh and Better Boy:




Tomatoes: Tumbling Tom and Sweet Million:



Zuchinni, Bell Pepper and Cucumber:



Exercise: walked 2 miles (incline 8)

1 comment:

HymnSinger said...

Did you guess correctly?